Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year to all


Happy new year to all.

Its been a busy Christmas period. Both Gemma and I are starting to get everything back to normal and getting ready for the big year that 2008 is to become (twin births and IM). Gemmas parents flew back to the UK yesterday having spent Christmas with us, and today feels a bit flat.

(To add while helping Gemmas parents pack I accidentally caught my middle left foot toe square against the corner of one of their cases. ... OWWW!!! Eye watering moment... managed not to swear in front of the inlaws, and I now have a broken toe. Not a major break, and I don't feel it while exercising... phew).

In past years Gemma and I have celebrated New Year at 6pm CST at the local Irish bar as that tied up with New Year in the UK, however this year we decided to have a quiet one in at home. Toasting the UK new year with a baileys (Only a very small one for Gemma). In fact we will probably be in bed asleep before CST midnight. Its the holiday periods when we really miss our friends and family.

Both of us wanted everything to get back to normal as quickly as possible to the extent we took down the christmas tree and decorations today. (bah humbug I know!). The apartment is almost back to normal. I have started filling out my training plan for next year, back to the grind of swim, bike, run :-). I'm looking forward to getting back to it. The weight has crept on and I need to get back to training.

We've had more snow here over christmas, in fact as I write this more snow is coming down, another couple of inches is expected. The big child that I am (we never got snow in the UK), had to go out and build a snowman, not the greatest I know!


And finally a shot of the two of us (me sporting my new O's), looking into the Bean in Chicago,(yes it was cold).
Happy New year to all.

8 comments:

Team Brazo said...

Happy New Year!! I certainly understand the weight coming back -- time to get it back off.

RunBubbaRun said...

Happy New Year to you...

Yeah, the christmas bulge has hit us all..

Sorry to hear about the toe, hopefully it heals fast.

Steve Stenzel said...

Mmmm.... baileys. Happy 2008!!

Jumper 2.0 said...

Happy 2008!

This is going to be a great year!

Formulaic said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to hearing about your training and your new adventures with your 305!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Ouch! That toe hurts me!

Happy New Year to you and Gemma!

Iain said...

Happy New Year Tim. 10 months to get rid of that weight, you'll be fighting fit by Florida.

First Garmin glitch today - 1200+ft of climbing on a pancake flat beach. Hmmmmmm.

Now get out there training before those sprogs drop ;)

TJ said...

Happy New Year!
Hope the toe heals up quickly!