Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Proper Snowfall of the Season, Baby Pic, and a mention on GYGO podcast

Firstly the snowfall..
As you'll learn throughout the winter I love snow, sit me in front of a window when its snowing and I can be entertained for hours. Hate to see it melt, and get dirty, love the sight of falling flakes. Having come from England, where snow is a very rare sight, I am now inundated with opportunities to snow watch. Its great! Oh and I take a lot of photos of snow. (Only a few posted).



Yesterday evening it started snowing and has continued all night and all this morning. Currently around 5 inches deep. In the UK a dusting of snow causes the whole country to come to a grinding halt, snow ploughs are unheard off, whereas here in Chicago its "mostly" a finely tuned machine of large and small snow ploughs, and everything continues on. Though did the township really need to start snow blowing the sidewalks at 1am this morning! What a welcome wake up call that was, though maybe it was good training for having twins!


Can't wait for the twins to be born and be old enough to take sledding, when we went sledding last year my wife and I were the oldest big kids! Took advice from a 5 year old on how to sled properly.. most embarrasing!

Secondly the Baby Pic
This may not be of interest to everyone, but heres the latest scans of the babies. We have now had our last session with the IVF doctor, and we are now in the hands of our OB/GYN.

Get Your Geek On Mention
Downloaded the latest GYGO and I get a mention!! Yep I need pee on the seat, though Kahuna didn't mention that I didn't really have a choice, it wasn't like I was too lazy to go to the porta potty, just kinda happened. Though did feel guilty about the poor next soul to sit down.



Notice the similarity?? Well bar the time.







And finally (if anyone knows how to add links into a blog could you let me know) Like above I would have liked to have linked to IronWils and Kahunas sites.

7 comments:

tri-mama said...

Love snow! Love baby pics even more. Hope mom is doing well and you are enjoying your off season

TJ said...

Things shut down here when snow falls as well. I can count on both hands the number of times it's snowed here....and I've lived here all my life.
I heard the mention on GYGO. Very Cool!

Taconite Boy said...

Nice similarity!

Formulaic said...

Tim,

To add a hyperlink:
Highlight the word you want to have linked
Click the little picture of a chain link on top of the globe (to the right of the big “T”).

Type in (or paste) the URL of the website you want to link to.
Click OK.

That’s it!

Formulaic said...

Here is the official help site:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41379&query=link%20&topic=&type=f

IronTriTim said...

Thanks formualic, links added :-)

Di said...

great post Tim!! As you know, I've been "away" for a bit. I've missed a lot!!
I thought I was your "GoTo Girl" for blogs...now you have Formulaic...

;)