Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas to all, thank you all for the kind comments on how to train with twins. Given me confidence that I can do it. (As long as I can get by on only a few hours sleep!)

Christmas period has been a period of excess, and I am now ready to get back to training. I have started taking a core class, and have found out what muscle tiredness really feels like. 6 days after a 30 minute class and I still felt like I had gone 10 rounds with Floyd Mayweather. Though it hurts but it feels good to know I have done a good workout. Looking forward to keeping this up through next year.

Santa came with some very nice presents.. Gemma and I agreed we would spoil each other this year, as it would be our last year of being able to really spoil each other. Next year it will be the twins! Also Gemmas parents were here, so we had a big blow out. 3 hours of opening presents, just for 4 adults.

Presents came in stockings, then main presents under the tree (3 hours), then a couple more at lunch (small presents), couple more at dinner, then a couple on boxing day (26th). As you can see it was a procession of presents

So for me the highlights were

A 305, seems like this was the present all tri-athletes and runners got this year! Can't wait to take it out. Gemma is looking forward to seeing where I go when I am out for hours! She thinks she will finally find out where the other woman lives! I have told her I the other woman is my bike!

A new set of Oakley Flak-Jackets, with the hydro-phobic covering. I'm a real sci-tech geek, and they really work. (pink lenses and blue frame).



And a signed copy of Roman's book, thank you for the kind comment.

Merry Christmas to all, and thank you to everyone who has helped me this year, all the people I have met, and to 2008 I look forward to all the friendships I renew and the new people I meet.

4 comments:

TJ said...

Merry Christmas Tim.
Enjoy the new toys!

Paul said...

Hey Tim ,you will have to post how you get on with the Forerunner. I love Oakleys as well, they are so cool.

Di said...

sounds like a really fun Christmas!! Bigun and I had a very quiet day. We opened gifts, afterwards the dorrbell rang and we enjoyed brunch with GEL and Excelman. They departed for another destination for dinner. Bigun and I then watched movies. Very nice.
Happy New Year to you and the lovely Gemma!!

RunBubbaRun said...

Nice gear, just tried my 305 this weekend..

I like the pink shades. Way cool..