Friday, December 7, 2007

Spotted and Race Schedule 2008


Having spent a fortune at the IM expo (you can never have enough finisher clothing) I try and wear my finisher clothes whenever possible. 6 weeks of wearing the clothing and someone finally noticed and asked me about the IM. I don't wear the clothes to show off, more I wear them out of feeling proud about my achievement. But to have someone stop me in the street (well the cue in Costco) and ask me about my day gave me the biggest smile ever! I realise I love talking about the Ironman.

With snow on the ground, and going outside in anything less than 10 layers seems crazy. Started to think about my race calendar for next year.

I want to try and get in some of local races, with babies on the I way want to keep costs to a minimum. As with last year I want to get a half iron done. I have unfinished business with this distance and feel I am a lot more experienced and could go a lot faster. I only managed one century done last year so have scheduled a few more centuries. May
even try and fit in a few 5k's early in the season.


Run - Shamrock Shuffle 8k

Swim - Lake in the hills 2 mile swim

Swim - Crystal Lake 2 mile swim

Tri - Twin Lakes Sprint Triathlon

Run - Chicago Half Marathon

Tri - Great Illini 1/2 IM

Tri - Lake in the hills Oly Triathlon

Bike - North Shore Century

Bike - LakeShore Century

Bike - Apple Cider Century

Tri - IM Florida

Has anyone done the Great Illini Challenge? Any feedback on the race?

Would be great to meet a few more bloggers, so let me know if you are doing any of the races above.
Of course everything is still dependent on when the twins are born. I have been told that the birth takes priority over events!

1 comment:

Team Brazo said...

RE: "I don't wear the clothes to show off, more I wear them out of feeling proud about my achievement"

Totally Agree!! I'm not one to wear my accomplishments on my sleeve, but after IronMan Wisconsin -- I purchased just about anything that had "Finisher" on it and I wear it ALL the time. I relate it to "making varsity" and wearing that letter jacket kind of thing. I very much enjoy working out in the IronMan gear -- without it, nobody would ever guess that I'm actually an IronMan.

Have a nice day...