Monday, November 19, 2007

Swim Photo from IM Florida


After paying the extortionate price for my 6 official photos from IM Florida (had to get them) I finally received my free aerial swimshot. Its actually quite a nice shot. I was really surprised to see how spread out the swimmers are. When you are in the middle of it, it feels like there are maybe swimmers either side of you for about 5 meters. This however shows that is totally not the case. I had no idea how spreadout everyone was this early.

I can now understand why I was able to get so much clear water. At a guess I was midway between the green buoy line and the outer swimmers.
I was really expecting a rough ride when in fact I found lots of open water. I would have loved to have seen an aerial shot 10 mins later when everyone hit the first turn and how condensed it looked then.
From speaking to other swimmers who were tight on the first turn they said it was so packed it was tough to tread water.

Also to set the record stariaght as some people have accused this years participants of cutting the second loop short by not going round the first buoy, we were told by race director, that on the second loop we would miss the first green buoy and head towards the Ford buoy and aim for the second green buoy. (Pre race they said they would remove the first green buoy, but that did not happen).

4 comments:

Tammy said...

cool shot! Thanks for sharing.

Steve Stenzel said...

Hey - I just found your blog. I just finihsed my first IM in WI a few months ago. Congrats on the big day!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

LBTEPA said...

great photo!

Thanks for commenting on my page - soon it will be your turn to post adorable child-birthday photos :)

RunBubbaRun said...

The IM swim pics are always amazing, to know you were swimming in that.

Check out youtube, somebody might post a video of the swim as well.