Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Days leading up to IM


And so the journey began a 1000 mile drive from Chicago down to Panama City Beach. Car packed with bike and tons of equipment. I wouldn't say I was nervous, more a mixture of excitement and nerves, with a real want to get it started.

The few days before the Ironman are the worst, lots of athletes out in the sun, cycling and running up and down the main roads all off which made me think I should be out there also. My coaches words kicked in though, "nothing you do in the final days can help, it can only hinder" though it still did make me wonder. Also lots of people who looked way fitter than me all helped increase the nerves.


However on the positive side the sea was calm and the temperature and wind were nice and low. I managed one pre swim and felt ok, a little tired and I attributed this to the journey down to Florida.

Now was just a case of resting and hydrating... I was ready!

No comments: