Sunday, June 22, 2008

My day of sherpa'ing

As you can see my day of being an IM CdA sherpa was slightly different than most sherpa's.

As I am typing this Bigun and Tac are off the bike, as are almost all of the tri-bloggers (Bigun with a really powerful ride), and onto the run. The end is in sight.

For me my day has been spent, fighting off sleep depravation, changing nappies, feeding and loving my twins even though they have kept me up all day and night, my own IM challenge! Did manage to squeeze in a 2 hour 35mile ride today and an 8 mile run yesterday so not a total loss.

11 comments:

LBTEPA said...

that has to be one of the CUTEST photos I have ever soon :)

Team Brazo said...

No need to train, the twins will keep you in shape -- you'll be ready for one of those all night runs.

Enjoy your day...

Jumper 2.0 said...

No surprise with Bigun on the bike. He put his time in with the training.
They all appear to be doing great.
Great pic btw.

Unknown said...

That's a great picture! And kudos for you being able to keep up with the training despite the long days and nights!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Too cool! You had the shirt and everything!!

Formulaic said...

Great picture!

I think of everyone, you had the hardest Sherpa job for CDA!

Way to go with still getting that run and ride in. Nice time for both.

SWTrigal said...

Tim-you pretty much have an IM everyday these days!
Thanks for "being there"

RunBubbaRun said...

Very cool shirt and picture..

Yup, fitting in training is it's own IM challenge, especially when they are that small, times two as well..

ps. if you ever head to the lakefront (Tri-beach/ohio street beach) for an open water swim, let me know.. I'll be out there.

Paul said...

Awesome photo Tim. I really don't know how you manage baby duties, work and training.

You are definately an IRONMAN !!!!

Ryan said...

Funny stuff!

I'm sure my wife and kid would prefer that method, then no more porta potties.

Good luck training

tri-mama said...

The twins are beautiful!!!! Congrats to you and Em! I promise it gets better soon, sleep wise-it just won't feel like it until that first time they pull an all night-er:-)