Thursday, June 5, 2008

BFIT Challenge Part 1

BFIT Challenge Part 1

As detailed in my earlier post I am doing my BFIT c
hallenge this year for the birth of my twin baby girls. Their delivery date via C section is due for this Friday at 10am.

So my BFIT challenge is as follows for my 30th..
3 mile swim
30 mile bike
10 mile run

I am going for silver, so have 72 hours to complete. I would have gone for gold, but trying to complete all of that on the same day as the twins are born would have been impossible.

So the plan is as follows, starting at 8am Thursday (this morning) and completing Saturday
1.6 miles swim Thurs morning (6am)
10 miles run Thurs Eve
Babies are born Fri morning (even the babies are scheduled in... yep I'm a Project Manager by job)
30 miles bike early Sat morning
1.4 miles swim either sat morning or afternoon, completing before the 72 hours.

This morning was the first part of this plan with a 5.30am wake up and heading to the pool. Went well and knocked out 1.65 miles in an hour. The pool is called the Olympic Indoor Swim Center, its false advertising the pool is only 25m's!
Not feeling tired so plan on running the 10miles at the local park district tonight. (hopefully the weather and tornado warnings will pass).
Here is the photo of me after finishing and getting back to the car (no cameras in the swim centre).

5 comments:

Team Brazo said...

RE: Their delivery date via C section is due for this Friday at 10am

Awesome -- enjoy. Our 2nd child was born via C section -- just made the whole process so smooth and nice.

:) said...

Way to go on phase I...good luck on your run tonight!

Paul said...

Good luck with the run, dodging tornadoes and the birth of your twins. Wow you have a lot on your plate. Hope all goes well.

LBTEPA said...

Ooooohh! How exciting! My nephew was born yesterday by caesarian, he is so beautiful :) Your darlings will be too :)

LBTEPA said...

BTW I would be extremely dark if an "Olympic" pool was actually 25m, we're spoilt here