Monday, June 9, 2008

BFIT Challenge Part 3 & Babies Update

Thankyou everyone for your kind comments in the last post. I passed all the comments onto Gemma in hospital and it really lifted her spirits.

As you can see from the previous post Friday was a busy day. No BFIT challenge was planned for Friday but I hoped to get my final swim and bike completed on the saturday.

However Friday PM the opportunity arose for me to get an hour break to go and burn of some energy and have a quiet 5 mins to myself, and I got my second swim in. I had a really enjoyable swim, every time I stroked I could see the baby ID bands on my wrist. Really strange feeling knowing Thursday I swam as just Tim, however Friday I swam as Tim, dad of Caitlyn and Emma.

Total Swim Time - 1hr 48mins (3 miles)

Both girls were doing well Friday however on Saturday Caitlyn started to show signs of jaundice. By late Saturday they had her on a UV lamp to try and reduce the jaundice levels. It was heart breaking (sure it won't be the first time they break my heart) to not be able to do anything to help. Therefore the bike ride was cancelled. Getting babies healthy was far more important than my BFIT challenge (sorry Roman, sure you understand).

However Sunday afternoon while Mummy and babies were sleeping I took a gentle ride with my father in law and covered the 30 miles in 1hr 52mins.

Total Bike Time - 1hr 52mins (30 miles)

Therefore my overall BFIT challenge details were as follows
Total Swim Time - 1hr 48mins (3 miles)
Total Bike Time - 1hr 52mins (30 miles)
Total Bike Time - 1hr 35mins (10 miles)

Total - 5hrs 15mins (completed in 4 days therefore Bronze)

An update on Caitlyn and Emma...
After 24 hours of UV lamp, as well as taking on formula and breast milk she is doing a lot better. Emma who was also showing signs of jaundice has been taking additional formula and is also doing alot better this morning.

The pediatrician has given approval for the babies to come home today and we are waiting for OB approval for Gemma to come home. So with any luck I can bring all my girls home today.

So excited!

7 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Glad to hear the girls are doing well. Have a great ride home (you will never drive so careful).

And nice job with the challenge.

:) said...

awesome news....glad all of the girls are doing good!!!

LBTEPA said...

That's excelllent news :)
Best wishes for a lovely homecoming

SWTrigal said...

Wow-you had time to ride, babies and all. Good news about them coming home. Looking forward to hearing how they grow while you train..

Taconite Boy said...

Holy Cow!

Congratulations to Both of you!!!

How beautiful and exciting!

Unknown said...

Had hoped to post the other day, but we were out of town. Congrats on your baby girls! Glad that everything went well and that they are home with you!

And I love that amoung all the chaos, you still find time to swim bike and run. Way to go!

Steve Stenzel said...

Congrats on the babies!!!! And on the B-Fit Challenge!!