Friday, May 23, 2008

What a difference 6 months makes!


What a difference 6 months makes..
6 months ago the element was my tri transport vehicle, it was great I could put the bike in their fully assembled and take a ton of kit with me.. here is a picture of the car when we drove down to Florida for IM.

6 months later and the babies are about to arrive. The car has changed from being my tri transport to the baby transporter.

Not shown in this picture is also the massive twin bob stroller that now takes up the trunk space!


Guess my poor bike will be relegated to a bike carrier on the outside. Unless that is, it is legal to strap the baby seats to the roof.... um must look into that. Just a little worried about strapping the bike to the back of the car, wouldn't want it to fall of ;-)

Ran the Chase Coporate challenge last night, will I tell you about that in my next post also in that next post you will hear me rant about an incident on the chase corporate challenge. (I rarity for me I know!)

8 comments:

Gemma said...

Babies on the roof eh?? If your bike is so important, how about we strap you to the roof and the bike can go in the front seat...... :)

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Some fun times ahead. Best of luck to your wife and the babies. I remember the ride back from the hospital with our son was the slowest ride I ever took.

Paul said...

Hmmm .... gosh bike on a bike rack, phew that's a bit strong. Maybe the wife on the bike rack and bike in the passenger seat ;-)

LBTEPA said...

LOL
How exciting!
Have you practiced folding and unfolding the pram?

IronTriTim said...

LBTEPA its surprisingly easy to fold. Though haven't tried with two screaming babies! :-)

Taconite Boy said...

where do you fit the twins on your tri bike?

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Come on babies! i get serious baby-envy from time to time... can't wait to meet them and take a turn holding them. Mine don't really fit so comfortably in my lap anymore...;-)

Steve Stenzel said...

HA! How life can change!