Sunday, May 18, 2008

1st Bithday

Today is my first birthday, its been a year since I completed my first official triathlon. 1 year ago yesterday I completed the Galena sprint triathlon. (660yds lake swim, a hilly 16.8 mile bike, and a very hilly 4.3 mile run.) Upon completing this first triathlon I knew triathlon was for me, and that I had found my sport.

Entered a few more events now
A number of friends are running the Muddy Buddy here in Chicago so have signed up for that, team name is Nor4k n Chance (say it quickly).
I still have a half IM to sign up for but other than that I think my season plan is complete.

Shamrock Shuffle (Completed)

Chase Corporate Challenge 3.5m Run - 22nd May (Entered)

2 Mile Swim - Splish Splash Lake in the hills - 14th June (Entered)

Oly Tri - Twin Lakes Tri - 29th June (Entered)

2 Mile Swim - Splish Splash Crystal Lake - 12th Jul (Entered)

Oly Tri - Lake In the Hills Tri - 19th Jul (Entered)

Running - Muddy Buddy - 3rd Aug (Entered)

1/2 Iron - Lake Geneva - 6th Sept or Great Illni. Not sure which yet.

100m - North Shore Century - 21st Sept

100m - Apple Cider Century - 28th Sept

IM Florida - Nov 1st (Entered)

Two weeks ago I completed a 9 miler (the longest in my Newtons so far) and I got the largest blood blister I have ever seen! Went back to the Tri shop and talked through what had happened. Without a question they switched out the shoes (had them for 4 months and run almost 60 miles), and they got me to try a different pair of Newtons with less support. Been running with these for 2 weeks now (couple of 5 milers and two 8 milers) and the difference is amazing. Confidence in the shoes has been restored.

Babies are doing well, we are now past 35 weeks and they are due any day. Finally persuaded Gemma to create a blog, to show friends and family the babies development.

9 comments:

Team Brazo said...

35 Weeks -- almost there. I always remember the relief feeling once the kids got to a certain week and from what I remember 35 weeks you are good to go.

Team BRAZO is doing the Muddy Buddy also -- Oldest Mini and myself on one team, Mrs. Team BRAZO and our sister-in-law on another, and Youngest Mini doing the kids. Sounds like a great time.

Jumper 2.0 said...

Have you considered the Pigman I/2 ironman???

Congrats on year 1. I'm celebrating my 1st year as well but of just getting off the couch. My first tri wasn't until July!

LBTEPA said...

Congrats on your first tri birthday! I'm hoping to do a half-mara on the 'birthday' of my ankle reconstruction - these things need celebrating :)
That is outstanding customer service!
Wow, soon your life will change forever - how exciting :)

RunBubbaRun said...

Youser, babies anyday now..

Congrats on your 1st year landmark..

NOt sure I would recommend the Lake genva half IM at all. So I would stay away, there are some better halfs with alot better organization.

SWTrigal said...

I LOVE my Newtons! As for having twins, that is an endurance event of it's own..Glad things are going well..

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Happy birthday to you and tri's. And also to the twins any day now. Looks like a great race plan you have.

Formulaic said...

Congrats to your anniv.

I'll stop by and check out your wife blog

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are well with the babies! I'm sure Gemma's getting excited! Happy 1st tri b-day!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I've always wanted to do one of those muddy buddies...looks like a blast! And I'm getting seriously interested in trying some Newtons...keep us posted on them.