Monday, May 5, 2008

2 posts in one day wow. This is more a post for my UK readers, but it was an emotional weekend for another reason. I am a Football fan (soccer for any US readers) and yesterday was the last day of the season for my beloved Southampton FC. And as usual we were at the wrong end of the table fighting relegation.

(Relegation for any US reader is where the team can drop down to a lower division, a very different concept from US sports I know).

We needed a win, and to hope that other teams lost to stop us getting relegated. Well we managed to survive. Below is a little video showing what my emotions were like..

6 comments:

Paul said...

Oooooohhhhh, the Saints were very lucky ....... skin of their teeth ..... although I'm glad they managed to stay up.

LBTEPA said...

That's gorgeous :)
Enjoy the new place!

Taconite Boy said...

You brits are funny fellows

Ryan said...

Tim, in regards to a tattoo of a can of brown spray paint, spraying.

If you had a mental image of a grown man's ass spraying "brown," . . . . .

You had the right image!

tri-mama said...

I love futbol! Traveling with babies isn't so bad. I just made sure to give them a bottle or nurse while the plane takes off-this relieves the air pressure so they wouldn't cry. The airlines are pretty helpful with car seats/strollers etc. How wonderful to go for a stay at the beach with Gem's parents. Remember, Iron Jenny, Lana and Michelle are all heading to IMFL so you will have plenty of folks to hang out with.

Iain said...

I was watching Le Tiss on that day, it was funny. Always good to see a top player putting his supporters colours out there.

I had a similar day last weekend but not quite as exciting. I was sweating on the Villa (my team) and Everton results for next years UEFA cup slot.