Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Shamrock shuffle route

Last weekend I got to use my 305 for my first race of the year. I understood that in the city it would have 'issues' with satellite locks, here are some shots of my route...
Honest I didn't take shortcuts!
Firstly, I mixed it up by adding a water leg to the race..
Next was the 'I got lost moment'

When I got out from downtown it worked fine. The overall route was...


Note the straight line I ran down W Jackson Blvd (another swim leg added). According to the Garmin the course was long, but when I look at the route I went it might explain why the Garmin had me at 5.5 miles for an 8k race.

4 comments:

TJ said...

That water must have been a bit frigid. Way to mix in a little cross training in the middle of a race. :)

Team Brazo said...

That skyscrapper climb and repel most have taken a bit out of you -- you must be an IronMan!!

RunBubbaRun said...

Gotta luv technology... Hope you got to change when you swam across the slimy chicago river..

Bob Nelson said...

OK, I'm now guilted into commenting on yours, but Hey you got a full mention in my Post!

Enjoying the read...since you're special...I'll give you the scoop. I picked up a P2C this afternoon. Yah for me. :-)

Thanks for the loyal support again!!!