Sunday, April 13, 2008

Guess Where I Went This Weekend

Went to Wisconsin this weekend and went to Wisconsin's No 1 Single Attrraction "House on the Rock" very wierd place. On its own not enough to make a blog post, but on the way back I got to stop at Ironman mecca...

Yep I went through Madison. Thought I'd throw these pictures out for those of you getting ready for Wisconsin this year.
As you can see the water was fairly choppy, and the weather was not very nice. I am sure it will be much nicer for the actually event. Also got to see Mt Horeb, glad I didn't have to go up that in Florida.

This is now my third IM city I have been too, (Louiville, Panama City Beach and now Madison). I didn't really get to see Louiville much, but Madison was certainly a much nicer location than PCB.
Wore my IM jacket, and it made my day when I was asked about IM. Had a great conversation with the team at the Erehwon Outlet Store, one of whom has volunteered at IM Wisc for the past few years.

9 comments:

Team Brazo said...

I'm sure I'm a bit bias, but the IronMan in Madison rocks. I'm born and raised in Madison, so my expectations were very high and it was better than expected. The best parts of Madison is the campus of UW and the lakes -- well, both were showcased during the IronMan.

If you are ever in the area to ride the IronMan bike course, let me know.

Must do IMMOO...

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Cool! Do I see Ironman Wisconsin in your future?!

Congrats on the Shamrock Shuffle - great time!!

TJ said...

Looks a bit cold in those pictures.
Brrrr....

LBTEPA said...

I just had a look at the Rock House web site OMG how far does that cantilevered room stick out? Did you go right out to the end?
If I had an IM jacket I'd wear it everywhere!

tri-mama said...

Mad City is a fun town! As Lana says, how handy to take that course on next!

Jumper 2.0 said...

Come on Tim, IM Wisconsin 09. I am volunteering this year then hope to sign for next.

Taconite Boy said...

One thing I'll say about IMWI...The weather is totally unpredictable.

Last time I saw those places I was getting ready to head home with a slighly sore Ironman tattoo shoulder!....those are happy thoughts.

:)

IronTriTim said...

I would love to do IM Wisconsin, but that would mean my 3rd IM on the trot (Florida 07,08). I have promised Gemma a year off. Maybe 2010, I would certainly like to go up and see the event this year but enter not so sure.

Steve Stenzel said...

House on the Rock IS weird! I saw it as a kid and didn't really know what to make of it...