Saturday, January 12, 2008

Big three O

Yep it was my birthday, I would love to buy everyone donuts (as I did for work), but I guess everyone reading this is far too busy training and keeping healthy to eat them!

So Gemma spoiled me again. (this will have to stop when the babies come) For my birthday, she got me a new Ipod Classic. (I will continue to use my old mp3 player for training, and not worry when it gets beat up). I much prefer the Ipod and itunes for the Podcast interface, and am looking forward to catching up on the podcasts especially Biguns and Taconites new podcast.

I have started to use another one of my christmas presents.. perfect push up. I have never been great at pushups, more than 15 and I fall too pieces. I have found this really effective, I have been making some big improvements and can really feel my upper body strength improving. I'd like to say thats me in the picture... maybe in a few months!

I have also been continuing to go to the core workout classes and they are starting to get easier. I no longer feel in pain 5 days after the workout. Just a nice feeling of having a good workout the next day. I have also continued the extreme cycling, I am really hoping this is helping with my cycling endurance.

The countdown is on.. in 2 weeks we find out the sexes of our babies. The current guess is at least one is a girl. (high heart beat). Most people are guessing one of each.

13 comments:

Team Brazo said...

Happy Birthday!

Enjoy your evening...

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Happy Birthday Tim. Enjoy.

Taconite Boy said...

Happy Birthday Tim!

Those core work outs look like there working for you. Tac assumes that's you in the picture.

Taconite Boy said...

Thanks for the iTunes review
:)

Di said...

Happy Birthday Tim!!!

Those push up thingies were invented by a Navy Seal - says so on the commercial!! lol
Good luck on the upper body strength, curious to know if they help improve your overall fitness.

LBTEPA said...

Happy Birthday!

RunBubbaRun said...

Happy B-day..

Thanks for the link to the podcast as well.

Ryan said...

Happy New Age Group to you!
Happy New Age Group to you!
Happy New Age Group our English Ironman!
Happy New Age Group to you!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Happy Birthday!!! The big 3-0 is a great one!! Nice gift - way to go Gemma!

Iain said...

Happy Birthday Tim (better late than never).

I spent some of this afternoon listening to bigun & the tac thing. It's ermmmmmm interesting and ermmmmmmm different ;-)

Welcome to the ipod masses.









(PS - the podcast's really good. I just didn't want to massage their egos too much as they read your blog)

Paul said...

Hey Tim, Happy belated Birthday.

TJ said...

Happy Birthday Tim! Mine is January 12th also!

tri-mama said...

Happy Birthday! I've been curious about those push up discs- let us know how they work out.