Monday, January 21, 2008

Just gets colder and colder

It just gets colder here in Chicago, and with it my enthusiam to train goes down. Saying that I am really enjoying my spinning classes, and core classes. After the first week I thought I would never be able to survive the classes, now I am actually starting to enjoy them... yeah thats a lie, I am know just about surviving them.

Coming from the UK where 32 deg F is cold, the temperatures capable here in Chicago amaze me, though they are still warm compared to my friends in Minnesota and further North. Over the weekend in Chicago it hit -1 deg F, and with wind chill -15 deg F. Needless to say we did very little over the weekend, stayed in and kept warm.

Christmas Birthday Toys Updates
Newtons
I have managed to get a few more miles on my newtons. I am still enjoying them, I find my stride turnover rate is alot higher and I am running faster than before. After some initial tired calves I am finding that they are not as tired after running. My speed is definitely increasing, not quite sure whether its the newtons or just the stride action of running on my toes.

Garmin
I love this toy, how I ever managed before is unknown. Afraid I am a stats person, I love to be able to look at the speeds/heart rates etc over my workout, and visualize the pain I was in at that moment. I do get the usual smirk comments in my spinning classes of "So how far have you cycled?"

Perfect Pushups
Another succesful toy from Gemma to me, other than a tiredness in my shoulder I am sticking with the routine. They are certainly building my upper body strength, and turning my moobs into pecs! I can also feel it really working the biceps and triceps. I find it feels less like a push up as I am able to grip the handles rather than pushing down on the palm of my hand causing less stress on my wrists.

Friday is the big day, with any luck we will find out the sexes of our babies.
Completed the boy or girl quiz and it reckons 55-60% its a girl. I am just hoping for healthy babies, beyond that a boy would be nice, two girls I think would be a nightmare for me! A house full of women.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks for the Newton updates, I am going to use you as my test dummy. And you are right with the 305, my running has improved 1000% by knowing the zones (speed) that I need to be training in.

Steve Stenzel said...

Alright! Get those moobs into pecs!!!

Paul said...

Hope the baby scan goes OK. Crumbs a house full of girls, whoa that sounds like trouble!!!!!

Taconite Boy said...

Yep Tacs first two kids were girls. But God heard his prayers and gave him boys.

If you get outnumbered just pray hard!

;)

Iain said...

You need to come back to Devon, it's positively balmy here compared to where you are.








Rains a lot though :(

Jumper 2.0 said...

Did you go into hibernation?