Friday, August 8, 2008

Muddy Buddy

Early start last weekend to race the Muddy Buddy.

No pre race expectations except to have a good brick workout (lots of bike to run transitions) and get muddy!

It was a tough few training days leading up to this with a 56 mile bike on Friday PM. Ans broke 3 hours for the first time for the 56 miles. Not saying it was just because I was wearing my new Rudy helmet but I felt fast. Then on Saturday it was a 2 mile open water swim race of which I won my age group (1st out of 1!!!)

So for the Muddy Buddy I was feeling slightly but with goals of have a good workout and get muddy I knew it would be a good day. Achieved both of my goals with lots of the second... MUDDY!

For this race I got to partner one of my training buddies, and run against another. As you can see pre race we were all nice and clean.


I started with the running leg in Wave 2 (Team Brazo was also there in wave 2 but I had no idea!) Its a great race and the obstacles thrown in make it really interesting.Flying on the bike! Haven't really ridden my mountain bike cross country in a while and this was exciting. On the final leg I was passed by Oldest Mini brazo as he flew by on the bike. After 6 ish miles of biking and running it was time for the mud pit.
I really like this picture as it shows my commitment (notice the gritted teeth!)

Finished, tired and ready for a beer...

5 comments:

Team Brazo said...

It was one of those -- "have to do" races. We had a blast and it was nice to throw a just for fun race in the mix.

I'm bummed that I didn't get your voice mail until we were in line to get out of the park. You'll need to come to Madison someday to ride IMWI course.

LBTEPA said...

What fun! Love the gritted teeth shot :)

RunBubbaRun said...

The muddy buddy is a fun event.. I did it a few years ago...

Actually a tough course with all the horse pucky's..

Great job out there.

Michele said...

better you then me.
looks like you had fun, love the gritted teeth.

Formulaic said...

Man! That sounds like such fun.
I wanted to do the one in San Diego, but it was sold out in a few days!

Maybe next year. You made it look like fun!